Understanding The Divorce Process
When getting married, you never expect to end up in a lawyer’s office planning for your divorce. Not only is it an emotional and personal event, but it may be your first time working with a lawyer. Duenas Eden Cravatta, PLC has helped clients throughout Arizona when they find themselves in these situations. From beginning to end, we can guide you in the right direction with experience and compassion. Our job is to make sure you are comfortable with the choices you are making.
Steps You Should Take
Our attorneys remain committed to each client and their specific circumstances. While no two divorces are the same, there are general guidelines that you can expect. We have compiled a list of steps you should take when going through a divorce.
- Consult with an attorney. The best way to make sure you are protected is to seek out proper legal advice from the start. You can discuss your background, concerns and goals.
- File a petition with the court. Even if it is mutual, the documents must be completed in order to move forward.
- Obtain temporary orders. Temporary orders may be necessary, depending on your situation. For example, for those with children, a judge may need to make quick decisions regarding custody and financial support. These are not permanent.
- Come to a settlement, if possible. If both parties can agree on the terms of their divorce, it can speed things up and is often more cost-effective.
- Go to trial if a settlement cannot be reached. For those who can’t negotiate with their partner, a judge will have the final say.
- Get a final divorce decree from a judge. Whether you are able to resolve your problems out of court or end up in front of a judge, the divorce needs to be declared officially in order to be complete.
Understandably, many people become overwhelmed at the very thought of doing this on their own. We can help you navigate these complicated waters. Many important decisions must be made, and if you do so on your own, you may end up with less than you deserve.
To Discuss Your Options, Call Today
Our attorneys truly want to see our clients be happy. We will do everything we can to simplify the process. To schedule a consultation and to learn more about your options, call our office in Phoenix at 480-637-0668 today. You can also email us by clicking here. We work with people in the entire East Valley.